Monday, March 25, 2013

The Creepiest Lunch of My Life



There was a chill in the air as I stopped by Gma’s facility to drop off some new clothing. I waited patiently to be buzzed in to the secure building and quickly headed toward Gma’s room. The door was closed but I entered anyway and proceeded to rip of tags from her new clothing. 

As I stood at the bed, diligently folding the clothes, I felt as if I was being watched. I turned my head slightly and saw an eye staring back at me from the door I had left open just a crack. Violently, the door was thrown open and I woman stood guarding the door. 

“What are you doing here?” I heard from the raspy voice.

“This is my grandmother’s room,” I stated, “I’m putting away some clothes. Can I help you with anything?”

Raspy looked at me with cold eyes, “You can never help me.”

Blinking and a little freaked out at this time, I quickly continued folding clothing. This was a facility for patients with Dementia and Alzheimer’s and I didn’t know if this woman could be violent.

I glanced up and the woman had closed the door and was approaching me slowly, dragging her left leg behind her. She positioned herself directly behind me. I could feel her breath on my neck. I move to my left, she followed, her leg dragging behind her. I moved to my right, she moved as if she were my shadow. 

I quickly decided it was time to leave and flung the clothes into my grandmother’s closet, opened the door and made a swift bee-line for the door. I glance behind me and Raspy was following me with a determined look on her face and her leg dragging behind her. I got to the door and luckily someone was standing there to punch in the code to let me out of the facility. I turned as the doors closed behind me. Raspy had caught up to me and was staring…I saw her lunge and the door slammed in her face.

Life is never quiet when dealing with grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment